The Department Of Education Can’t Spell W.E.B. Du Bois And Twitter Is Losing It
1. Timing is everything.1 of 8
2. Chelsea Clinton chimed in.2 of 8
3. #NewAbnormal3 of 8
4. Maybe a mixture of both.4 of 8
5. It surely does feel like it.5 of 8
6. Facts.6 of 8
7. #DeVosEffect7 of 8
8. Is this what we have to look forward to in education?8 of 8
The new Betsy DeVos-led Department of Education is off to a rough start. The agency took to Twitter in an attempt to highlight African-American icon W.E.B Du Bois and misspelled his last name. Not only was his name misspelled during Black History Month, but the department sent out a follow-up apology tweet, and ‘apologies’ was spelled wrong as well.
Of course, Twitter had a ball with this one.