DETROIT – Mayor Mike Duggan will bring special remarks during the Voices for Action Community Forum.
The Voices for Action Forum Review will be held on Saturday, January 25, 2014 from 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. at the UAW Ford National Programs Center located at 151 W. Jefferson in Detroit.
This event is free and open to the public.
Voice for Action will release the findings from the forums held last June during the 50th Anniversary Commemorative Walk celebration. In addition to the findings being released and there will be a special panel discussion. The panel discussion, “In the Tradition of Dr. King – Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community?” will be moderated by WDIV’s Channel 4 Devin Scillian and will feature:
- Nolan Finley, Editor Page Editor, Detroit News
- Honorable Brenda Jones, City Council President, City of Detroit
- Brenda Lawrence, Mayor, City of Southfield
- Rochelle Riley, Columnist, Detroit Free Press
- Shirley Stancato, President & CEO, New Detroit
- Bankole Thompson, Senior Editor, Michigan Chronicle
- Rev. Charles Williams, President, National Action Network Michigan
Upon conclusion of the panel Mayor Duggan will bring his special remarks. More than 600 people participated in the forums held the day before the Commemorative Freedom Walk Down Woodward. Both the Voices for Action think tank sessions and the Commemorative Freedom Walk Down Woodward were chaired by Rev. Dr. Wendell Anthony, President, Detroit Branch NAACP and Jimmy Settles, Vice President, UAW Ford.
Registration is required for the event. To register please call 313 847 0043 or 313-871-2087.