The Protect Working Families campaign has introduced Proposal 2 to amend the state’s constitution to preserve collective bargaining rights.
- Collective bargaining gives working families a voice to negotiate for fair wages, benefits and working conditions that are good for us all.
- Collective bargaining gives firefighters and police a voice to negotiate for life-saving equipment, protects nurses so they can speak up about a patient’s care without fear of being fired and fights for smaller class sizes so teachers can better educate our children.
- Collective bargaining levels the playing field between the corporate bosses who make millions and the people who actually do the work only to see their pay stagnate or even cut.
The Fight To Protect Working Families
Corporate special interests want to squeeze out every bit of profit to keep for themselves and have pledged to do whatever it takes to defeat Proposal 2.
- Shadowy Front Groups have spent millions of dollars and plan to spend millions more on advertising to attack Proposal 2.
- These groups refuse to reveal who is bankrolling them by hiding behind a legal loophole that lets them off the hook from complying with the Michigan Campaign Finance Law.
- The ads are filled with falsehoods, misleading information and statements that lean toward fear mongering.
Collective Bargaining is good for Business too
Auto worker Stacie Steward explains how collective bargaining helped save the auto industry: