An eye-popping 257,000 private-sector jobs were added in January. The unemployment rate went down to 8.3 percent, down from 8.5 percent in December. The unemployment rate for African-Americans dropped to 13.6 percent, a drop of over 2 percent from December. The big drop may have more to do with a new computation on total Black population than an actually large reduction.
- Civil rights groups worry stop-and-frisk policies coming to Detroit
- Detroit's Future Rise Is Rooted in Its Rich Past
- Former Detroit Mayor Archer Donating $1M In Scholarships
- Retirees Invite the Gov. Snyder’s Appointed Emergency Manager to Lunch
- 3 Kids Kicked Out Because Of HIV “Risk” To Others [VIDEO]
- Rapper J. Cole Dedicates 'Crooked Smile' Video To 7-year-old Killed In Detroit Raid [VIDEO]