An eye-popping 257,000 private-sector jobs were added in January. The unemployment rate went down to 8.3 percent, down from 8.5 percent in December. The unemployment rate for African-Americans dropped to 13.6 percent, a drop of over 2 percent from December. The big drop may have more to do with a new computation on total Black population than an actually large reduction.
- DC Black Church Celebrates 4th Anniversary With Gay Pastor & His “First Gentleman”
- Detroit Lions Owner and Chairman William Clay Ford Sr. Dies at Age 88
- In His Own Words: A Photo & Video Tribute to Angelo B. Henderson
- Detroit's Future Rise Is Rooted in Its Rich Past
- “The Change is Real. It Has Already Begun.” Mayor Mike Duggan Delivers 1st State of the City Address
- Michigan Wins Their First Outright Big Ten Title in 28 Years, Time to Give John Beilein More Credit [Opinion]